Wednesday, September 12, 2012

PERI PERI RICE


I’m not really a rice person but this dish is irresistible. I picked up this recipe from www.fauziaskitchenfun.com and it apparently goes well with peri peri chicken which I haven’t tried yet. But want to. Real soon. Till then, all the vegetarians can rejoice!



INGREDIENTS

1 cup rice (cooked)
1 small onion, chopped
1 small green capsicum, finely chopped
2 tbsp. peri peri sauce (I used Nando’s portugese bbq flavor as I don’t like it too spicy.)
1 tbsp. ketchup
1 tsp. garlic paste
salt to taste (I used Maggi cube as a substitute)
1 tbsp. oil & 1 tbsp. butter
2 tsp. soya sauce

Heat oil and butter and put onions. Fry for a few seconds, then add garlic paste and capsicum and fry for a minute. Add the peri peri sauce and ketchup and mix well. Add the rice and mix well until rice is coated. Finally add soya sauce and salt. Mix again and turn off the flame after 2 minutes.




Serve hot! And add chopped sausages or boiled shredded chicken if you’re anti vegetarian.

PS: if you can’t find peri peri sauce, you can make it yourself at home and here is the recipe

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment